Monday, May 11, 2009

Vegas Uncork'd Champagne Toast

Chefs and Mayor Oscar Goodman


Rick Moonan, Hubert Keller, Daniel Boulud, Kerry Simon, Mayor Oscar G.


Chefs Laurent Tourondel, D. Boulud, H. Keller, K. Simon


Just returned home from an enlightening 3rd Annual Las Vegas Vegas Uncork'd 3-day Event.

Las Vegas R & R Public Relations Group, Emily Wolford was very gracious granting me attendance as a food blogger /food writer and TV Food Network Expert Judge, however I decided to pay real $$$ for tickets giving me an honorable, non compromised platform to voice my opinion .

May 7, I drove from Los Angeles to Las Vegas with my culinary companion, Goldberg. I was emailed an invitation to the 5pm ceremonial Champagne Toast "opening" held at Pure nightclub (Ceasar's Palace) with various chefs and Mayor Oscar G.(pix above).

Arriving on time, receiving no press kit or schedule and a polite " hello" I was ushered to a 2nd story outdoor patio above The Strip. I waited for a program or something. After 30 minutes of 90+degree humid heat, I politely asked for a water. I observed chefs arriving and "mincing" words with each other . Not a lot of love in the room! Chefs have better things to do, like get prepped for the dinner service!

No welcome, no program, no love, no champagne (atleast for us), just a photo opportunity, a publicity shot promoting next year's 2010 event. I left rather annoyed. My friend Claude Le Tohic (chef @ Joel Robuchon) had to pay $8 for a Fiji water. Waste of my time. This is just the beginning...........

No comments:

Post a Comment