Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Food Safety News Website


Berry Salad,  Ryan Beck Photography


Greetings and Happy 2010!    I thought I'd start off the new year with my favorite website, Food Safety News.  When I worked at Lawry's Foods in the mid 70's as their international research & development person, I learned all about food manufacturing and compliance, quality control and assurance.

Food safety back then was assumed and a given when we bought a convenience product off the shelf at our local supermarket.   We trusted our suppliers of fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, & poultry.    We never questioned restaurant kitchen cleanliness, food handler's hygiene, let alone what happens behind the scenes in fast food joints!    Except..... when we got sick from a food-borne pathogen.  

Anyway, this site is really good in alerting & informing us about food illness outbreaks, recalls, cooking temperatures and cross contamination guidelines.  I love the Obama Foodorama & food politics topics.
An intelligent, daily updated food website to check out.    Information = power.     Eat clean food, whole food, nature made food = a Happy & HEALTHY New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment